- The deep differences between the Palestinian and Israeli narratives lead
many to conclude that it is too difficult to understand how it all began,
and if and how to choose sides.
- Why be involved in this matter when there are so many atrocities in the
world? Is there a way out of the deadlock?
- This book – in content and style – represents a fresh approach to the field
of Palestine-Israel studies. It is accessible, yet scientifically and ethically
- The conversations with 21 activists from South Africa and Israel who
campaign for Palestinian rights shatter perceptions cultivated by
widespread propaganda to show that the issue is, after all, not so difficult
to understand. One by one they connect the private and the public, the
particular and the general, the conceptual and the practical, the local
and the global.
- 21 Voices is stirring and illuminating. It demonstrates how citizens can step forward and make a difference in tumultuous
times when power abuse and lawlessness have thrown morals into confusion. It will appeal to anyone interested in the kind
of leadership that aims to shape healthier societies.
- It has the potential to become a leading international publication.
I cannot remember ever having been moved as profoundly, as searingly and as painfully … It is a testimony to the immense
bravery of the individual and communal spirit.
– Breyten Breytenbach
There is no other book of this kind on the market … It will help readers understand why the plight of the Palestinians
concerns all of us.
– Sakkie Spangenberg